Bottle Share Recap: Cincinnati knows good beer
The fog is still lifting from the unbelievable bottle share party yesterday so please excuse the poorly constructed sentences and choices of words. My intent is to let the pictures do the talking, but I will highlight some observations and fun facts from the afternoon.
- Wild Mike’s Wings is awesome for letting a rowdy bunch of beer nerds lock down a quarter of their restaurant and bring in their own beverages.
- The folks that read this blog are all extremely generous, genuinely nice, and VERY well versed in craft beer (and homebrewing!). We had an unbelievable amount of beer and unfortunately, some of it went to waste… tear. We tried. Our livers tried. We failed gloriously.
- By my count, we had 13 beers from the BeerAdvocate.com top 250 list. Nearly half of those were in the top 25.
- At one point people were trying to juggle cups of West 12, Dark Lord and Parabola. This was after the Pliny and Heady were crushed.
- We probably did some irreparable damage to the Untappd servers and irritated a lot of people on FB/Twitter.
- Two-thirds of MadTree Brewing (Kenny and Jeff) came through with some amazing beers, their own and others! They hung out, annoyed their significant others, and shared in the festivities. Yet another reason why this is my favorite brewery.
- 200 plastic 5oz tasting cups was not enough.
- I learned that I really need to make a road trip to Columbus Brewing Company to sample some Bodhi again.
- In total we had 51 different beers (list below). Not surprisingly, big stouts and IPAs were most popular and plentiful.
- All were in agreement that this will need to happen again. Stay tuned…..
And here’s the beerporn…
Here’s the list… let me know if I missed any.
|7venth Sun – Mangrove|
|Avery – Twenty|
|Ballast Point – Victory at Sea|
|Bear Republic – Black Racer|
|Boulevard – Long Strange Tripel|
|Brewery Vivant – Tart Side of the Moon|
|Cigar City – Brandy Barrel Hunahpu|
|Cigar City – Hunahpu|
|Cigar City – Improvisación|
|Cigar City/Dunedin Brewery – Auld Alliance|
|Cigar City/The Bruery – Dos Costas Oeste|
|Crooked Stave – Hop Savant|
|Cuvee de Trolls|
|Dogfish Head – Miles Davis’ Bitches Brew|
|Dunedin Brewery – Local Honey|
|Elevator – Bar Bar|
|Firestone Walker – Parabola|
|Foothills – Sexual Chocolate|
|Founders – Doom|
|Homebrew: FBS Clone and Hoppa Poppa DIPA|
|Hoppin Frog – BORIS|
|Hoppin Frog/Fano – Natasha Rocks America|
|Jailhouse Brewing – Breakout Stout|
|Laughing Dog – Dogzilla|
|MadTree – Barrel Aged Axis Mundi|
|MadTree – Identity Crisis|
|New Glarus – Raspberry Tart|
|North Coast – Barrel Aged Old Rasputin XV|
|Ommegang – Seduction|
|Pizza Boy Brewing – Super Saison|
|Prairie – Prairie Hop|
|Revolution – Crystal Hero|
|Rogue – Good Chit|
|Russian River – Pliny the Elder|
|Sierra Nevada – Southern Hemisphere Harvest|
|Souther Tier – Pumking (2009)|
|Stone – RuinTen|
|The Alchemist – Heady Topper|
|The Bruery – Saison de Lente|
|Three Floyds – Apocalypse Cow|
|Three Floyds – Blackheart|
|Three Floyds – Dark Lord (2010)|
|Three Floyds – Dark Lord (2012)|
|Three Floyds – Rabbid Rabbit|
|Three Floyds – Zombie Dust|
|Uinta – Cockeyed Cooper|
|Widmer Brothers – South By North West (SXNW)|