Local Brewery Update: Sprye, Silo, Tanks, Pappy, Bombshell
Here’s a quick run-down on action at some of our local breweries.
- Sprye is done for the season. All cans have been packaged and sent to retailers, so you better start stocking up. We won’t see this one for another year! However, cans of Sol Drifter should make an appearance in the next few weeks.
- They recently added a new fermenter so they can begin an expansion into Columbus which means they need a lot more grain to make all that beer. In the next few weeks they will be installing a large grain silo on the gravel-lot side of the building. The silo is capable of holding THIRTY tons of grains!
- Another 60bbl fermenter will be delivered soon! Lots of tanks to make lots of beer for lots of people. I’m pretty sure this puts their capacity at year 12 in their original business plan.
That’s it for the big news. In little news, barrel aged Axis Mundi is back in the taproom this weekend! But you won’t like it, so don’t drink it… Yeah that’s the ticket!
- Two new 120bbl fermenters were delivered! This brings their total capacity up to a whopping 760bbls.
- The capacity will likely be used to help with the launch of their new Zen can and I’m sure there are other plans in the work. Including the mysterious “#lagertime” hash tag on their FB post.
Thirsty for a portable version of @rhinegeist Zen? I have it on good authority that we will see it in cans in not too long!
— Brew Prof (@BrewProf) April 8, 2014
- Chickow! + Pappy Van Winkle barrel = TAKE MY MONEY… it’s coming so stay tuned.
- Ella Bombshell, the second SMaSH brew, has been spotted in the wild available for purchase.
— CappysWineandSpirits (@LovelandCappys) April 17, 2014