MadTree getting very close to production
I was in the MadTree neighborhood Saturday night so I decided to drive by on the off chance I could catch a glimpse of their progress. Fortunately, all three guys were there working and they were kind enough to take a break from work to give me a complete brewery tour and just shoot the shit for a while. Here are a few key take-aways:
- I’ve said it before, but they are genuinely some of the nicest guys around. They graciously gave me a sample of an IPA they’re working on (frickin’ delicious), showed me every square inch of their building and answered all my dumb questions, and let my 18-month old run around like a maniac.
- Their canning machine, Canny Rogers (aka The Canbler), should be cranking out portable beverages within a couple of months after opening.
- They have space for barrel aging. I really hope they use it because everyone loves mixing booze and beer!
- They probably have the best water supply arrangement in town. I will leave it at that for now.
- There is potential for a beer garden space adjacent to the taproom for good weather beer drinking.
- The taproom area is beautiful and uses a bunch of repurposed materials abandoned at the building (wood and metal). It gives it a great industrial type feel to remind you that you’re drinking at a real working brewery. It lends itself to tasting the sweat equity and pure passion in the beers – don’t worry, it’s not an off flavor.
- Their barstools may be getting some Pinterst flair. It’s a developing situation.
- They’ve got merch! Be prepared to bring cash for shirts, glasses, and coozies. It lets Cincinnati know you drink quality local brew!
- They are loaded to the hilt with brad new, MadTree branded kegs so they can hit the ground running.
- A February launch is entirely possible once the glycol lines are finished, walk-in installed, and the county gives their final blessing on the building.
Stay tuned here for more developments because this is a must-see brewery. I didn’t get to snap any pictures due to one hand managing a beverage and the other wrangling a monkey-like child. However, they have regularly updated progress pictures and even some sneak peeks of their upcoming labela on their Facebook page. Also, catch them on Twitter: @MadTreeBrewing