New brewery alert: Rhinegeist Brewing
While you were watching that snooze fest called the Academy Awards, I was playing Internet stalker – I mean investigative journalist. I dug up some gems on a new brewery being installed in Over the Rhine called Rhinegeist Brewing. Apparently this translates to Spirt of the Rhine, but don’t quote me on that.
Here’s what I know so far about Cincinnati’s newest brewery:
- It’s being founded by Bob Bonder (Tazza Mia and 1215 Wine and Coffee Bar) and Bryant Goulding (former Dogfish and Golden Road west coast sales guy)
- Rhinegeist, LLC just secured the Rhinegeist trademark in December
- They may have raised $1.2M in capital as recently as January
- They have been seeking a head brewmaster since October 2011. Someone with a local connection has been named but I will defer to their press release before disclosing.
- A concrete pad was just poured a few days ago in what appears to be a large OTR building
- It seems their brewing style will be craft beer with some German influence
- Some test batches and recipes have already been developed
More on this as things develop!