All Ohio Winter Beer Tasting Planned
The Ohio Craft Brewers Association will be holding a special beer tasting that brings together winter beer styles from forty Ohio breweries. The event will also feature VIP early entry with food pairings created by Moerlein Lager House Executive Chef, Nate Whittington. Chef Nate Whittington was selected to give a presentation at the 2014 Great American Beer Festival titled “How to Prepare a Beer and Food Pairing Like a Professional.”
You’ll also have a chance to rub elbows with the brewers and your favorite beer bloggers (myself included, get excited!).
You won’t find another collection of Ohio beers like this! I hope to see you there!
Saturday, November 8 from 2 – 6 p.m. (VIP admission at 1 p.m.) on the Schmidlapp Event Lawn adjacent to the Moerlein Lager House at 115 Joe Nuxhall Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Tickets to Holiday Craft Beer Extravaganza are $40 in advance ($45 at the door) and include a souvenir glass and 20 tasting tickets. $60 VIP admission includes early entry at 1 p.m.
Designated Driver tickets are available for $10 each and include a non-alcoholic beverage. You must be at least 21 years of age to attend Holiday Craft Beer Extravaganza.
Tickets will be available at the door and in advance online at http://ocba.cincyticket.com.
Preliminary Beer List
- 50 West Brewing Company – Home Sweet Home, cask TBD
- The Actual Brewing Company – Orthodox Winter IPA, Fat Julian Imperial Stout (firkin)
- Bad Tom Brewing – Fink Red Rye, Gehenkten Lager (Marzen Oktoberfest)
- Barley’s Brewing Company – Barleywine, Christmas Ale, Bourbon Meyer (firkin)
- Blank Slate Brewing Company – Long Way Home (Imperial Chocolate India Pale Ale), Fumar Chili (Cherrywood Smoked Porter with Chili Peppers)
- The Brew Kettle – Winter Warmer
- Buckeye Lake Brewery – Christmas Ale
- Catawba Island Brewing Company – Spook Light Pumpkin Ale, Cookie Cutter Christmas Ale
- Christian Moerlein Brewing Company – Christkindl Winter Warmer, Red Hop Mess IPA, firkin TBD
- Columbus Brewing Company – Cousin Eddie, Bodhi, Toasted Coconut Sohio Stout (cask)
- The Dayton Beer Company – Broken Empire Imperial Russian Stout, Pumpkin Ale, Batch #300 Belgian IPA, Merseyside Barleywine
- Elevator Brewing Company – Winter Warmer Spiced Holiday Ale, Bleeding Buckeye Red Ale
- Eudora Brewing Company – Chocolate Mile Porter, Holiday-Spiced Bee’s Knees Pale Ale
- Fat Head’s Brewery – Holly Jolly Christmas Ale, Barrel Aged Battle Axe Baltic Porter, Bean Me Up Imperial Coffee Stout (cask)
- Fifth Street Brewpub – Liquid Mistletoe
- Four String Brewing – TBA
- Great Black Swamp Brewing Co. – TBA
- Great Lakes Brewing Co. – Christmas Ale, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
- Hairless Hare Brewery – Rabbit Hole Chocolate Stout, Hot Scotch Scottish Strong Ale
- Jackie O’s Brewery – Barking Pumpkin
- Jackie O’s Brewpub – CSAison
- Land-Grant Brewing Company – 1862 Ale (Kolsch), name TBD Holiday Ale
- Listermann/Triple Digit Brewing – TBA
- MadTree Brewing – Thundersnow, Pilgrim, Gnarly Brown infused with coffee and vanilla beans
- Moerlein Lager House – Honey Almond Ale (with Montmorency Cherries), OTR (infused with sage and rosemary), Helltown Brown Ale with Chicory Root (cask)
- North High Brewing – Marzen, IPA, Holiday Ale TBD
- Rhinegeist Brewery – Dad (Hoppy Holiday Red), Panther (Robust Porter)
- Seventh Son Brewing – Wildermann, American Strong Ale, cask TBD
- Thirsty Dog Brewing Co. – 12 Dogs of Christmas, Old Choco
- Warped Wing Brewing Company – Mr. Mean Imperial IPA, Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Weasel Boy Brewing Company – TBA
- Yellow Springs Brewery – TBA
- Zaftig Brewing – Black Perle Stout
About the Ohio Craft Brewers Association
Founded in 2007, the Ohio Craft Brewers Association is a nonprofit guild that exists to promote and preserve Ohio’s unified craft brewing industry. We aspire to be recognized as the industry leader for preserving the art of making high-quality, unique craft beer; to serve as the unified voice for craft brewers across the state; to advocate on behalf of the Ohio Craft beer industry; to contribute to systemic, local community development by driving economic and job growth, while creating experiences that bring people together; and to serve as a beacon for local production and manufacturing through craft beer, resulting in diverse product choices for consumers.