Opening Day 2015 Beer Events
Opening Day is already an official Cincinnati holiday and an unofficial welcoming of spring. However, lately it has become an opportunity for downtown bars to pull out their best beers. Here are some highlights for this year’s festivities.
Taft’s Ale House
Taft’s officially opens its doors with a full lineup of delicious beers which have received rave reviews from early scouting reports. Tri-tip steak may not be well known locally but I can assure you it’s a wonderful cut when prepared right and the menu descriptions sound fantastic. The space itself is also a work of art worthy of a stop to check it out.
Arnold’s continues its stellar craft beer program with a great lineup tapping at 9am.
- Ommegang Game of Thrones Series: 3 Eyed Raven
- Three Floyds Zombie Dust
- Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA
- Triple Digit Coconut Chickow
- Blank Slate Bonbonerie Opera Cream Stout
- Christian Moerlein 11/162 Bourbon Barrel Anniversary Ale
- 2013 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
- Rhinegeist Saber Tooth Tiger
- 50 West Wire to Wire Wheat
Also, cups will be randomly marked to win great Reds memorabilia! Over 100 prizes!
Neon’s celebrates their 5th anniversary AND Opening Day by digging into their beer cooler. The party starts at noon.
- Three Floyds Space Station Middle Finger
- Three Floyds Topless Wytch
- Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin
- Northcoast 2012 Old Stock Ale
- Barrel aged beers from MadTree and Revolution
- And more to be announced!
Come dressed head to toe Reds and you could win tickets to the game!
Lucy Blue Pizza
They will be holding an “alley party” featuring $4 craft beer cans, including Rhinegeist Hustle.