EXCLUSIVE: Reds to Introduce Craft Beer Bar for 2014 Season
A curious bit of information coming from Reds COO Phil Castellini ought to warm the hearts of the good beer drinking Reds fan. They have plans to introduce a new craft beer bar at Great American Ball Park for the 2014 season. The project is still materializing but here is what I know so far.
- The bar will be 86 feet long and will be located in the concourse between the Gap and third base.
- It will serve draft beer only. Originally envisioned to have 60 taps, it looks like some space constraints for the fridge will tame it down to a “mere” 30 taps.
- It ‘s still being worked out as to whether there will be 30 different beers or perhaps a lesser quantity with some repeating handles. Also, that 30 number could possibly move up or down. Apparently it’s a day-to-day thing right now.
- While this is a craft beer bar it is likely we’ll see some of the big guys there – not that anyone should be surprised by that. But, they should be in the minority which is a win.
- There won’t be any packaged craft beer here so you’ll have to walk to other two fantastic craft beer stands to get your MadTree (and perhaps Rhinegeist) can fix.
#Reds COO phil castellini says there will be a new craft beer bar at GABP in 2014
— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) January 26, 2014
In other craft beer news, it seems that our undying thirst for great beer has caught the attention of the bean counters. It looks like there could be some shakeups in the price and volume of craft draft next season. I hope you enjoyed 20oz good beers for $8.50 because that is likely a thing of the past. Hey, it could be worse – we could only have Bud/Bud Light available!
Cheers to thoughts of soaking in the July heat with an cold PsycHOPathy! Only 64 more days until Opening Day…